Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 02:35 AM   #19721 
cheekysquirrel

Oof. I had that with surgical tape, Zuzu. Got a rash all around my eye from the tape that was holding my eye shield in place after my corneal graft. Bluewind has a point about the latex, and you could also see if the hypoallergenic surgical tape works. It didn't for me, but it might for you?
Posted via Mobile Device
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 AM   #19722 
InStitches

I just found out that the surgery I underwent 2 years ago didn't give me the results I wanted - not entirely. The fix is non-surgical - not medical at all - but will probably involved pain and blood. I know the surgeon had no idea what to expect when she was operating, and was probably more focused on the end-goal than the cosmetic side of it, but man. She could have saved me a lot of trouble later on. There's l like a whole section of tissues that should have been removed (maybe she didn't want to risk additional blood loss?) and it looks like she either didn't cut all the way through something or it healed back up from the stitches. (lol username)
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:28 AM   #19723 
Zuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Are they latex free? You might have a mild allergy
Yep, they are. I double checked to be sure after you suggested it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekysquirrel View Post
Oof. I had that with surgical tape, Zuzu. Got a rash all around my eye from the tape that was holding my eye shield in place after my corneal graft. Bluewind has a point about the latex, and you could also see if the hypoallergenic surgical tape works. It didn't for me, but it might for you?
Oh yikes!

I'm thinking now that in my case it's just general irritation rather than an allergic-type reaction. Thankfully it isn't sore or itchy, just angry red. For the first few days I was placing the bandaid in about the same spot each day, so for the last couple of days I've tried rotating it a bit each time I've replaced it. I'll give that a couple more days. If it still looks irritated or starts to hurt, I'll try the tape. (One week to go before stitches come out.)
Zuzu is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou