Betta Fish Forum banner

Bettas for Adoption

7K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  1fish2fish 
#1 ·
I've decided that the two girls I have (Rosie and Zippity) are healthy enough that I am ready to look into finding homes for them. If your interested in them I can ship one or both. They are being adopted out for free but you will have to pay shipping (obviously if both fit in one box I'll only charge shipping for one).

I haven't got the shipping bags or other supplies so I'm not sure how much shipping will cost yet.. I'll be looking into that this weekend. I would like to try to ship them out in the next 2 weeks but obviously that will be determinant on how long it takes for me to receive the shipping bags and the shipping cost from the adopter.

+++If you mail me back the empty box (intact with stuffing), I will refund you the cost of those materials upon receiving the box++++

I'll get good pictures of them tonight and put them up.. most of you have seen them already however.

If your interested you can either reply here or PM me. I'll be posting the girls on my other betta forum as well so it will be a first come first serve type thing and who can offer the best home.:-D

See less See more
#5 ·
Darn, I really want them, but I'm not sure my parents would be cool with me taking them....apparently I have 'enough fish'. Pfft, don't they know there is no such thing as enough fish?! >_>

Best of luck finding them homes!! <3 If you still have them in a month or so though(which I doubt, they're both adorable xD)I might be able to take them. Or maybe one of the boys, if you have them :)

#8 ·
Sounds good :) They boys have fin damage so I'll be keeping them a little longer. I just bought the shipping bags. I'm hoping they'll be here by next week.

The GBBA fish show I'm going to is May 1.. so I don't think there is any way I'm going to be able to adopt the girls out by then.. its gonna be crowded here for a while.

#11 ·
I wish I could take them >.<
I would love some quality females.

#12 ·
Vaygirl... Yes Zippity is one of the ones up for adoption. She's still very small but her color is coming in amazing. She's very blue/green. Her stripes are definitely better than what they were but she still stripes very quickly. She seems very healthy and active though. Would you like me to hold her for you?

I'm not sure how much shipping will be right now. I have to see how much the boxes and styrofoam lining will cost. I do know that the shipping bags will be 0.40c a fish. If I get the box from walmart I think it will be cheaper than getting it from the post office.. I'm going to run by there on friday and see how much they are and see how much the styrofoam is.

I'm feeling under the weather and I have a bunch of stuff going on this week so I won't be able to get new pictures until either tomorrow night or friday. If you want to see pictures there are some in my picture threads I did a couple weeks ago.

These fish will go not only on a first come first serve basis but also who I think can do the best job of giving them a long healthy life.

#14 ·
Haha.. yeah probably. But luckily I'm not adopting out the boys for a while longer. So you have time ;-) (and also competition for this yellow guy.. he's the one every one likes the most). They both have tail damage that I would like to see on the mend first.

The girls don't have any fin damage and no parasites that I can tell and seem to be healthy enough to find homes. Its amazing considering the shape of the cups they were in but all they needed was a little heat, food, and clean water and they're perfect.

#17 ·
I have 2 female bettas for adoption. So far Vaygirl has interest in Zippity and I'm awaiting a reply from her. I've had some interest in both of them from others on a different forum but nothing concrete.

From what I can see online the USPS flat rate box might be able to fit 1 or 2 fish (I'll have to look at one in person). The price for that is $10.50 meaning for one fish the shipping would be $10.90.. so far. I have to figure out how much it will cost for the styrofoam so its going to probably be around $15 or so (thats not definite though so don't take my word for it).

Like I said if the adopter wants to opt for express shipping I will be happy to oblige.. just be warned that it will cost more. My estimates are for priority shipping.

#18 ·
I'm still interested. Price Express for me? I'm more then willing to spring for overnight. I have a 6 gallon eclipse in storage and LOTS of silk plants until I can get some live ones. I have a small clay pot and I WILL cover the hole for her. I'm still going back and forth about where I'd put her. Whiskey is bigger and might benefit from the 6 and I could put her in the hex 5 on my desk. Either way, I have a place. :)

But take your time if you're sick. We'll all be here!

#19 ·
Oh wow! That sounds great! Right now she's getting the high life. She's in my planted 4 gallon with 2 mystery snails because one of my males has fin rot. Her color just exploded after putting her in there.. she really likes it. (Sometimes its hard to find her though LOL).

She would make a great companion for a desk... she's very inquisitive and so cute! I love looking at her because she really does look like this --> >:shock:< LOL

I'll ask about how much it would be to ship overnight or express. I just have to get through tomorrow then I have Friday off and can get fish stuff done :). I'll PM you with the rates when I find out. I'll put Zippity down as "pending" until I can let you know the rates :)

#20 ·
Dang! I was interested in Zippity! x) I'm glad she's going to a good home ^_^ Good luck finding places for the other 3! I'm sure there are more than willing people on this forum to take them in! You did an amazing deed taking those fish! Their cups were disgusting!

#21 ·
(Psst, sorry for any inconvenience but this thread was cleaned to remove posts related to... an incident. :p Certain posts were removed and references to the incident were removed from other posts, but everything else was left untouched. Please pretend my post isn't here and continue the discussion the OP started without reference to the incident or this post. [This post will itself be removed once participants in the thread have had a chance to see it.] Thanks! :))

#22 ·
Actually, now I can't take Zippity. My DH pitched a fit when I told him. *blush* I'm sorry Jackie, I should have talked to him first. I swore to him up and down that I wouldn't cram another tank in the house. So he called me on it. So Starbright, you're up!

#23 · (Edited)
Aww thats too bad. I understand though. Maybe once the boys are available you'll be able to convince him LOL. Don't worry I'm sure I'll find a great home for Zippity and if not she'll be happy with me.

Starbright.. are you still interested?

ETA: I'm doing water changes today so I'll be posting some current pictures of all the rescues in a picture thread later this evening. So far only the girls are up for adoption but hopefully now that I have extra heaters and can do some switching the boys will start to heal faster and will be able to go out in a few weeks.

#24 ·
One can dream right? He's right though. I JUST got Huey (formerly Nugget) and I promised he would be the last if I could get him. I must abide by my word. :p Thanks for understanding.

I know they'll get good homes. We have great people here.

#26 ·
Yeah.. I'm lucky my roommate doesn't care as long as I keep most of the tanks in my room LOL.. she just has written me off as crazy LOL

Bloo.. I'm working on it :). Its very hard to get good pictures of the girls because they swim so fast! Right now I'm waiting for the water temps to be approx. normal then I'll put them back in their tanks and get pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.