Too far gone...?

8K views 169 replies 36 participants last post by  celie 
#1 · (Edited)
Got this guy yesterday....
Doubt he'll make it...
Kinda looks like a living fish jerky :/

See less See more
#9 ·
How did you treat him...? Mine seems so fragile right now. even his pectorals are stuck together. he doesnt use any of his fins. he doesnt move. he barley even breathes.....

I slowly brought down the ammonia yesterday night. Also left some floaters in the tank to soak up any excess.

I have salt in with the IAL...

#11 ·
Oh goodness Aokashi -- sending you both good vibes!

#17 ·
Maybe liquid food?

#19 ·
If you have any BW's frozen, or FD just try one, see if he even notices it, chances are he won't but keep trying, and if he even uses his eyes to look up, it's a good sign, and then (praying) he even opens his mouth to try it, even if he spits it out, which he will -- keep trying, I did this with Sapphire, about a good 8-10 x before I got results, and waited an hour or so before trying again, and finally he opened his mouth to take it, after that, within a few more hrs, I saw him moving a slight bit, next I tried a pellet, and he took it, and we were good to go..he has to eat, just keep at it..:)

#20 ·
Poor man!! My little puck was like that when I first got him and now he's a completely different fish! I just made sure he had clean warm water, high protein foods (when I could finally get him to eat), and Vita-chem. And be patient, just because he doesn't bounce back immediately doesn't mean he won't bounce back!

Puck when I got him

Puck now (4 months later)

#30 ·
Sending positive thoughts! Poor guy. At least you are giving him a chance, and at least he'll get some decent conditions to try to recover in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.