Betta Fish Forum banner

Slime

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ajsim 
#1 ·
I do weekly water changes, scoop out left over food.... make sure everything is clean. There is a slime or oil slick across half of the tank. It scoops out with th net but I am wondering what it may be? Any ideas...

#5 ·
I have a filter, it runs all the time. I use AquaPlus right now.

#7 ·
Happened to me too. Once I got a filter, it went away. It's disgusting :p I have have some in my non-filtered tank, but after doing a thorough soapless wash, it also went away. But then again I do daily water changes in that one... anyways get a filter. :)

#8 ·
The filter or the conditioner? I don't think either of them have Aloe Vera. I'm not at home right now but I can check when I get there.

Only 4 white clouds left.... :(

#11 ·
Slim

I to am having slim trouble. It seems to be forming around my rocks and the small statue I have place at the center of my tank. I have had my tank for about a week. its about 1.5 gal with a 3i filter and a small CO2 reactor for my plants. the conditioner I used doesnt contain aloe vera. Any Ideas guys?

#12 ·
What color is the slime? If it has a white/grayish look then it is probably bacteria... They are harmfull (just there to clean up the mess :lol:) but it's not very nice to look at... Getting a filter usually helps with the problem because the bacteria will house in your filter instead of your tank...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.