Betta Fish Forum banner

I can now say I have been attacked by a betta

4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  sainthogan 
#1 ·
The other day I went to go clean Lil Sano's tank. As I was taking out the heater, like I normally do, he swam over as fast as he could and bit me twice! It was so cute. The first time he let go almost instantly, but the second time he held on for about 10 seconds. I normally play "tag" with him and he chases m finger and then I chase him so I wonder if he was just playing. Either way, it was adorable. :-D

#2 ·
Hahaha, that's funny. I've never had a fish bite me before.
Lil' Sano is a piranha!

#3 ·
I tried mine to bite my finger but all he did was flare at it and swim around it in a threatening way. But he didnt do anything in the end.

How I miss that fish. And my Canaries.

#7 ·
My house is very quiet. I have been told that I would be a good safe-cracker since I can hear so well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try feeding your betta with the tank hood off and have no other noise in the room. If the pellet is big enough and you listen carefully, you will hear "crunch..crunch...crunch". I love it :lol:

#6 ·
awwww thats so funny...lol Perseus has never tried to bite me and I love to watch him chew his pellets its so adorable !!! A breeder told me that yes they have teeth very small ones and I read and article that they do, I will try and find it.

#8 ·
My boy Crusoe chases anything I place into his tank, including my hands. He is completely relentless though, determined to keep on attacking until my hand dies, and sometimes can get quite vicious. I have to isolate him in his cup when I change my water or else h won't stop pestering me.

#9 ·
I can hear my bettas crunching on their pellets too! So cool! I also love putting my fingers in the sorority, the girls will swarm around my hand and nip at it!

#12 ·
When Junior was younger he would jump and bite my finger if I held it just above the surface. It was so funny. I actually decided to get him from Petsmart when I stuck the tip of my finger into his cup and he went to nip it! (Love at first bite :lol:)

Playing with him sounds awesome! Maybe if he gets used to my finger in the tank he'll start chasing it... but for now he just flares and tries to "scare" my finger away. Too cute :)

#13 ·
Buddha doesn't get much personal interaction unless I'm feeding him, so whenever I put my finger near the tank, he thinks it's for food. So playing tag is fun.

#21 ·
HAha. I hear Lil Sano jump out of the water when he eats, but that is about it. It does tickle when he bits, but don't tell him I said that. We like to play tag. I will put my finger in the water and chase him for a bit, then pet him, and then he chases me and nibbles. lol

#23 ·
I found that females (or mine anyway) tend to be pretty nippy...especially the big ones...I had one that would jump and nip if she felt she wasn't being fed fast enough. :p they're so cute.

#24 ·
That's too cute! My little Gastly's too timid for that much excitement. He could barely handle the 5 gallon tank he was in originally which I've decided to sell and just go with 2.5 tanks. More room for more fishies! ^o^/

My roomie Jen has her two, Goblin & Golem, the former of whom tends to flare at just about anything, let alone a finger in the water. I'ts pretty funny really. You walk in the room, he flairs. You sit in the chair next to his tank, he flares. You point at him, he flares. Try and direct him to food, he'll spend the whole time flaring while letting pellets pass him by. He's not called a "Flare Monkey" fo nothin'! :D

#27 ·
Mine is afraid of my fingers, because she's worried I'm going to grab her like I did when she jumped out her tank. After I dropped her back in, she sank, so I grabbed her back out to rinse her off some more, now whenever she sees my fingers, she hides, unless she sees the food bottle, then she waits at the top at a "safe" distance from my fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.