Betta Fish Forum banner

AquaSafe .. To Use or Not to Use

2K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Katmassive 
#1 ·
So i have a api master kit and i tested the water of course all levels are safe. Should i start using aquasafe when i do his water change?

#7 ·
Aqua safe is good. I use it sometimes because its cheap, but you run out fast. Prime would be better, more expensive but definitely worth the price

#15 ·
The tank won't cycle if there's tap water. The BB will die because of all the added chemicals. Please do your research BEFORE you buy the fish.

ANY water conditioner is completely safe, no need to worry about the brand. Just please, save your fish. He's technically being poisoned alive right now. :l

#18 ·
#19 ·
Great job callistra for finding that, Amazon directions must have been wrong. It always pays to double check and get it straight from the website or see if the bottle has a 800 phone number in it, some do I had to call when I was using Aqueon as my water conditioner, now I use Prime.

#20 ·
Calm down! lol he has lived happily in his 1 gallon for months now, he's a healthy boy, water changes twice a week.

I've been adding crushed flakes to the tank that is cycling. I also added the specified amount of conditioner for it. Is the only way to know the tank is perfectly safe for my beta without the expensive liquid kit? Tank still needs plenty of time to cycle so I'll buy it if need be, but cash is tight :s

#25 ·
I am sorry if I sounded harsh in any of my posts. I really care about the people and their fish on this forum and only wanted to make sure you knew how serious it was to use water conditioner so your fish would be safe. We are all here to learn and share and are glad to have you with us and more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.