Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority and Guppies

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  shinybetta 
#1 ·
Not sure if this could work..

I have a planted 20 gallon with 5 shrimp and five guppies (one is male). Would it be possible to start a sorority?

If it is not possible because of compatibility, then never mind. But if not possible because of tank size, what would be an appropriate tank size?

If this does end up working out, how do I switch my established/cycled filter to another tank? How do I put the guppies and betta girls together? How do I safely add more fish without messing with the bacteria?

#3 ·
You will be fine. My 5 sorority has 3 platy's, couple guppy's and ghost shrimp in my 14. They are doing great.

I did buy all 5 at the same time. In addition, Petco at that time had a new stock of females all of the same size so my guess is these gals are all from the same brood.

#10 ·
Always funny stuff going on during feeding time. Two female guppy's flexing over a half eaten shrimp pellet. A stealth ghost shrimp proceeds to swipe the pellet from under their noses and he immediately retreats underneath the java moss with the food. The two gals are now looking for the food.....while he's busy chowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.