Betta Fish Forum banner

My 10 gallon plans!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  SaylorKennedy 
#1 ·

Okay, these are very "rough" drafts on my tank that I'm planning. It's almost like under a tree, with the grass, "dirt", and rocks.
It would house 1 male betta and so far ghost shrimp. I may put something else in there but I don't know yet.

The sand is Tahitian Moon Sand, black.
The middle consists of "grass" that I have in the tank currently.
Then on the left is a rock pile with tall plants behind them.
The thing on the left is this tree root.

Hopefully I can do this. Or I may change my mind. I do that a lot!

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks dramaqueen. The thermometer in the middle kind of bugs me but at the moment it's too much work to go over there and fix it!
See I like this too, I may just keep this setup and with the money I save just buy myself a rolley chair so I don't have to use crutches anymore. Heh.

#11 ·
Lol! I always draw out my tank ideas too. but i never actually go along with them in the end...

Your tank looks aweeesome. Can't wait to see the finished result. I'm gonna go check Micheals for some of the grass now, I want to add another plant to my guy's tank.

#12 ·
I was just at Michael's because I had to get stuff for a bonsai tree and I was in an aisle by the containers and there were these great bunches of greenery for $6.99 and it had like 5-7 plants in it. They would have been perfect if I still needed plants. Do yourself a favor and go to Michael's if you're in the market for fake plants. :)

#14 ·
That sounds good! It's even cheaper than Walmart. I'll have to go there whenever I need fake plants now.

I don't think we have a Hobby Lobby here. Or at least, I've never heard of it.

#15 ·
Your tank is going to look great! I love the driftwood, wish I had some like that!

Edit: Are the silk plants at Michael's really aquarium safe? I'm always worried about leaching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.