Betta Fish Forum banner

Chichiri the Chinchilla

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Aus 
#1 ·
I do not think I have properly shown her off yet.
I got her off of a craigslist ad in Fairbanks, Alaska about 2 years ago. The owner told me it was a male, the vet said it is actually a female.

taking a nap

and Mr Bubbles

See less See more
#4 ·
She's adorable!
Does she let you pet her? The chins at the pet shop are so touchy and scared, wondering if that's just cause they're in a pet shop.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
Oh. My. Goodness. What a cutie pie! :)

I so envy you US/Canada people for the wide range of exotic (to me, anyway) rodents/pets in general you can have. Quarantine laws are extremely rigid here - and rightly so - but I would just love one of these little guys..

I've been eyeballing some dunnarts. Not quite the same.. but cute, and legal. :)

#7 ·
Chinchillas in the pet store are completely different than ones in a good home setting. I haven't met any but from what I saw in the stores and what I see about with the rescue here they are such characters. They're rodents who live in like Mexico or something and they can jump and are quite active!! But judging from what they're like in the stores, I wouldn't be interested in them as pets. I would give them a chance based on what I know they're really like :)

Also, dunnarts are ADORABLE!

#8 ·
Yup, Olympia, Aussie natives. I've seen them for sale in local pet stores. Need a license to keep them, I think.. but those aren't hard to get.

And yes, they really are adorable.

I love our native brushy tailed possums - they are not as creepy looking as the American opossum. And sugar gliders are awesome, too - and you can get those as exotic pets in the USA these days, I believe. I've seen wild ones here living for a while in a friend's back yard trees.. so beautiful.

But chinchillas look so CUDDLY. /wants one

I'd love to know more about what they're like to keep as pets. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.