Betta Fish Forum banner

This made me soo angry!

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Jayy 
#1 ·
So I just wanted to share this with you guys! Ok so I work at a pet store and a costumer came in and said that her betta fish was always at the bottom of his bowl just laying there and not very active. He still eats and everything and will move if you tap on the glass. I asked how big the bowl was and she said it was just one of those small betta kit things. So then i asked if it had a heater. She said no, so I suggested she get one and maybe a bigger aqarium for him. She seemed to be considering it untill one of my coworkers came along and told her that the solution was to get a smaller bowl!! I couldnt beleive it. I tried to argue with her a bit but i think the costumer was liking her idea more because it was less expensive!! :( This made me soo angry!! Sorrry for the novel i just had to tell you guys about it!

#3 ·
Ugh, you should tell your co-worker to learn more about what s/he is working with. :/

#12 ·
thatd make me angry as well, counsel the coworker

#13 ·
stupid co-worker, the store could of made more money like doggyhog said

#15 ·
hey guys! so i was at work again yesterday and AGAIN heard one of my co workers telling people that bettas can live in really small containers. The lady had a 5 gallon aquarium in her hand and was going to get it and asked my co worker what kind of fish she could put in it and she asked if a betta would be ok. My co workers response was "thats kinda big for a betta. You should keep a betta in a very small bowl, they can live in those cups that they are in right now" i was not too happy. I talked to the lady after wards and told her the truth about bettas and she actually ended up buying a ten gal :)

#19 ·
Wow, that person is an idiot!

#20 · (Edited)
lol D: oh stupid people. How I wish it were possible to just kick them in the pants. I would have simply said:

"Have you heard of the nitrogen cycle? No? Well let me tell you, your fish organic wastes create ammonia in the water and if it's not cleaned out often enough, it could POISON your fish and KILL it. ALL fish are effected by it, a Betta fish is no different. But investing in a larger tank will reduce the number of times you will have to clean their tank daily AND provide a healthier environment. Oh and did you know betta fish are TROPIC animals and need WARM water temperatures to thrive? You didn't? WELL THEN. I think it's fair to say you know absolutely nothing and should just shut up about things you know nothing of."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.