Betta Fish Forum banner

fuzzy plants

834 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  iamntbatman 
#1 ·
I have three bettas, all of them are in 2 gallon + tanks. I have plastic plants in all of them. I have noticed the last few weeks that the plants are getting fuzzy. i do a complete water change every week and treat with salt, water conditioner and a drop of anti-fungal stuff. The fish are all fine and don't have any fuzzy stuff on them. It only seems to be affecting the plants. I've had it happen in two of the tanks before, and i rinsed the plants under extremely hot water, and they seem to be fine now, but the third tank is now showing fuzzy stuff on the plants.

Any ideas what it is? Or how I can prevent it from happening again?

#5 ·
I read that you should put a drop of Aqurisol when you do a water change, and the Pimafix i have treats the same things. One of the other fish died from fungus, so as a preventative measure i've been using a drop of the pimafix when doing water changes.

#6 ·
You definitely shouldn't be using something like Pimafix on a regular basis. Sure it's not toxic to your fish, but the stuff just smells so potent that I'm sure they'd be more comfortable without it. Plus, the scientist in me says that continually dosing something like that will make the medication less effective when something resistant comes along. Some people medicate all of their newly-bought fish in their quarantine tanks as a preventative measure, but you shouldn't need to do this for healthy fish in an established aquarium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.