Betta Fish Forum banner

things

716 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CodeRed 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I went to a dinner and on the table were these exact same decoration things in the middle surrounding a fish bowl... so i just took a handful and ploped them in my tank when I got home (haha).

My male bettas would glance at them every now and then but didn't do anything else like flaring. My female betta was quite attached to her mancala piece and would stare at it a lot! :) I think they should be fine.

#4 ·
They are called Gem Gravel Accents so I think they are designed to be spread out on top of gravel, not to be used as the main substrate. I imagine it would be difficult to clean the tank because waste and any leftover food might fall between the gems since they are larger than gravel.

#6 ·
I would think it would be easier to clean since they are bigger, and don't break apart like gravel can when you clean them and such.

#5 ·
i used nothing but this (in dark blue) with my first betta in a 2 gallon vase, never had any problems with him attacking it or cleaning proplems. on the other hand my budy droped a few of them in with his betta and the fish would try to attack it. so dunno mayby it depends if you have an angry fish lol

#7 ·
MANY people use the gems on here, as it makes cleaning the uncycled tanks 10x easier than with gravel. It's better for uncycled tanks, though, since, as stated above, the waste can sink in between gaps. Depending on the fish, sometimes fish get stuck between the gaps, and sometimes they flare nonstop at their reflections. Most of the time it works out okay, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.