Betta Fish Forum banner

Preparing for new betta

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  laughing 
#1 ·
Im finally ready to get another Betta after Axl died, hoping for a crowntail this time.

Im concerned how to get the tank cleaned properly and the rocks, filter media plants etc sanitized. boiling water? its been sitting dry for a couple of weeks now.

but the tank it's self, the medication i used for when Axl had a fungus has actually stained the silicon of the tank blue.

Is it still safe for a new fish?

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep, hot water, vinegar and some scrubbing. You can even use bleach if you want, just rinse it really, really well before adding water to the tank. If you can smell bleach, rinse some more.

That blue will probably not come out all the way, but once the water is in and it's decorated you'll never notice.

#6 ·
Personally, I'd put bleach anywhere near the things in my tank. Even the smallest amount can kill your fish.

I think some boiling water and vinegar should be good. I don't think the medication should *harm* the new fish, and who really cares if it's blue?? ;)

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.