Betta Fish Forum banner

Hi there!!!!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  eaturbyfill 
#1 ·
Hi All

Im new not only to the sight but to being a betta owner!!! Love every second of it!! I have had a tropical tank for about a year now, but never owned a betta. This weekend my partner and I went to a pet shop and she insisted on getting a fighter for the first time. So knowing how temperamental they are we bought a whole new starter kit for our fighter. But the problem is i have no idea if we have got the right things for him. We got a 15 liter bowl with one live plant and one fake plant and a little cave. We got betta pellets to. His is the only one in the bowl so he has the space and the temp is about 25 degrees c. The thing is he doesn't move much he just "hangs out" is that normal? he doesn't really eat and he hides a lot in the plants? Could anyone help with some advise? we wanted to get a partner for him but we are not wanting to breed as we wont know what to do lol. just want to get to know him first.

Im just so worried we stressing him out PLEASE HELP!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.