Betta Fish Forum banner

My Betta Lost a Fin (not finrot)

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I was feeding my beta, and my beta being healthy and quite energetic, jumped at the sight of the food, and seemingly jumped out of the fish tank, falling on to the desk, then flapping and falling onto the floor (Carpeted) I was frantic at the moment and i scooped him up in a plastic bag and put him in the tank. He seemed quite stunned at first, but now he seems ok, and is almost back to his normal behavior. However in the process he lost most of his right fin, with the tips of it only remaining, and possibly some other minor injurys.
My question is that will his fin grow back and heal?

#3 ·
im pretty sure the fin will grow back (one of my goldfish' lost half a fin and it grew back fine) i think to help it grow back faster just make sure his water conditions are good and hes getting fed well, also i think some company makes natural slime coat drops and that might help? fish 4 all or someone else might have better answers

#4 ·
Plenty of water changes will be sufficient enough to allow the fins to grow.

#5 ·
Also- since you're dealing with an injury, it couldn't hurt to add a little bit of Melafix (natural product made from Tea Tree that has antibacterial properties) to keep the water clean in case he picked up any nasty germs from the floor.

#6 ·
Ive had a similar experience, a beta managed to squeeze hilmself out of the hole between the canopy and my powerfilter (about half an inch of room) he lost alot of his tail aswell.

Just keep an eye on him, make sure the waters good, and he will grow a new tail, its funny too because his fin coulors my change alittle when they grow back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.