Betta Fish Forum banner

My newest betta

720 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
So I haven't been on for a few weeks. But I thought I would come see whats going on and introduce my new guy!
So this is Aki and here is his story. I wasn't planning on getting any new fish until my sisters tank finished cycling and then I was going to get a couple girls for a sorority. But like I do every week I went to check out the bettas at walmart and see if there were any females my sister might like, well everytime I noticed this guy. He had been there around 4 weeks. Possibly more. He is pale and not quite as flashy as all the others. But I reconized him by his brown head. Well all week I had been plotting how I was going to get him. I thought about purchasing him and hiding him in my purse on the way home, but then I just went the more direct route by putting him in my cart and showing him to my mom telling her I need nothing else for him etc. She just shook her head but didn't argue. I knew even if she said no he would be mine one way or the other. I wasn't going to let him stay there a week longer. His cup was pretty clean (the only reason he is still alive after such a long period of time) the lady who cares for the fish does a good job. So I doubt I will see his full color for a week or so since I don't have a great heater. My sisters tank is almost done and then her 1 female will move in and I will be taking her heater. And if that doesn't work I will buy one next week. But I can't wait to see what he looks like! I guess he was just waiting around waiting for me to realize he was supposed to belong to me.
All week I have been plotting names for him to lol sorry for such a long story anyways here are the pics!

See less See more
#2 ·
He's beautiful! Sometimes they just call to you don't they? Begged my mom for a week to let me get Luna, had to call her on the phone crying in the store because she was still there. Still have her today! :D <3 Fish choose they're people just like wands choose their wizards...
Looks like he's going to be very happy! Congrats.

#3 ·
He's so cute! Congrats on getting him!

#4 ·
sometimes they do every week when I saw him I just passed him over until I realized he wasn't leaving, then I was suprised that he wasn't a) dead 2) bought, and then another week passed and well he just looked at me a certain way and I was sold.

#6 ·
Yeah, I am happy. Now just to figure out his living area...tempted to put him in a small part of Koi's tank, but I just got his tail fixed and don't want to risk another biting. And I don't have any more canvas to throw in my already divided ten gallon...so still figuring that out as when I bought him I forgot how cold my room is at the moment...so need to figure something out soon. Just need to get my other heater free then he will live in a 1 gallon until I find a cheap tank 5 gallons or less at a garage sale. Thinking maybe setting up my extra 10g temperarily, but again I don't have a decent heat sourse.

#8 ·
I bet your right I am thinking I am just going to divide my 10g one more time for a short period of time unfortunatly it doesn't have a light to see if your theory is correct lol. Like a few weeks to a few months while I look for a better home at garage sales. Am hoping to find maybe a 5 gallon. But would settle for a temp 2 gallon. Want to upgrade all my fish to either divided ten gallons or 5 gallons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.