Betta Fish Forum banner

Back in Betta Land!

895 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone!

I'm back in the betta world and this time around I decided to join this forum to learn new things and share my fish experiences with those in the fish community!

About 7 years back was when I first ventured into the betta world, it started with one male betta and soon enough I had four males and 3 females! Though I played around with the idea of mating them, at that current time I ultimately decided that it wasn't going to be the best thing to do as I didn't have the space, time, or effort to dedicate to the process and didn't want to commit to a job that would eventually be way over my head.

After being fishless for a good while, my boyfriend and I decided it was time to get back into the fish game. He had previously had one male betta and had other community tanks.

We are proud fish parents now to two bettas, a double tail male (though he was classified as a double tail, half moon in the pet store, I've checked online and haven't found this tail type to be very common or an actual classification, but at least he's healthy and happy) named Dog and a crowntail female named Cat.

The names stem from the fact neither one of us have the living space for an actual dog or cat, but we both would still love to add to our pet family someday. It's even better because yes, we have a fish named Cat, so she is our Cat Fish and we always introduce Dog as "This is our pet, Dog" and watch people wake form confusion that it is indeed a pet named Dog rather than a dog that is a pet. :p

Anywho, I'm happy to be here and can't wait to see what all I can learn from everyone and what new fish tales can come from this go-round of having some bettas!

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....

Lots of different ways to keep, breed and rear fry successfully-its finding what works for you, your breeders and what you have on hand....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response-We have lots of members ready and willing to help....(We encourage lots of questions so don't hesitate to ask and start new threads)

Enjoy your stay....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.