Betta Fish Forum banner

Hello! Back into Betta

939 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jed 
#1 ·
Hey! I'm Jed, and I'm getting back into caring for betta! Years ago in highschool I had many fish but by the time I graduated I had given most away and lost a couple :C. Now I'm starting over again and I've recently acquired a male VT I've named Kafka (after a book I'm reading- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami)! I guess I've forgotten how fun these fish are. Kafka is always curious about what I'm doing, and he's an active fish who's fun to watch!

Anyways, here's a pic of my new fishie! I'm a little worried that he may have some fin rot, but the dark edges around his fins are blue, not black like in the picture, and he has more blue trailing up his fins! So for the moment I'm just keeping an eye on him.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome!! Beautiful boy! Definitely not fin rot, just his coloring, he looks healthy and happy!

#7 ·
Thank you, glad to be here! Phew, that's a load off my mind! The majority of the poor little bettas at the Petsmart where I found him had fin rot! The few who didn't looked like they were recovering from it or had some other issue! Crazy thing is though that the little cups the were in are some of the cleanest I've ever seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.