Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Betta Adoption Thread

29K views 200 replies 40 participants last post by  purplemuffin 
#1 ·
Since so many people have started adopting out bettas lately I figured I would just start one thread where we all can list available fish. That way we don't have tons of threads.

Rules:
-NO FIGHTING. If any arguing starts I will ask the Admin to delete those comments.
-The fish for adoption must be healthy unless otherwise stated. If your getting rid of the fish because its sick you must make that known, along with the care the fish will need (i.e. if he's a tail biter you will need to note that).
-Potential adopters will PM the member to exchange contact and shipping info.
-Adopters: please provide the best picture of the fish you have along with the background of the fish (i.e. where it came from, approximate age, why you are adopting it out, etc). Also try to provide an estimate for shipping.
-Adopters also please resize the picture of the fish so it is easy for users to see who may have dial up or small screens. If you do not know how to resize an image ask me :) (A good general rule is to try to make the picture somewhere around 600x600 pixels more or less).
-Once the fish is adopted please edit your post and mark the fish with ADOPTED.. so it is clear to users that the fish is already taken.

Here are my current adoptables:

Spots: He is a white/yellow VT. He has black spots on his sides which may indicate he has some marble genes. He was rescued from a Wal-mart in GA where he was living in a cup with moldy food in the bottom. He has tail damage due to poor water conditions and I know for a fact he was at this wal-mart for at least a month prior to rescue. He does still have some tail damage and may never have full re-growth but its hardly noticeable. He's a very mellow guy and would possibly do well in a community tank. I've had him for roughly a month and a half.
In his cup day 1:

The bottom of his cup:

Him last week:

See less See more
#2 ·
I love spot!!! How much is his rehoming fee?

#3 ·
Oop..sorry.. I had to run out real quick. His shipping fee is about $11. If I can find a smaller box it might be a little less. The flat rate box is $10.70 plus another $.30 for shipping bags. If you want a tracking number that costs $.60. I also give my adopters the option of mailing the empty box back to me (so I can use it again), in which case I would refund the cost of the box.

Also for adoption is Big Red: He was rescued from the same Wal-mart as Spots but in far worse conditions. He had severe fin rot and parasites. His water was completely brown. He is showing definite signs of regrowth and is parasite free. He still is looking a little raggedy but I'm hopeful his tail will regrow fully. He's a very sweet guy but is very shy and would probably do best in a tank by himself or with invertebrate tank mates such as snails and shrimp. Shipping for him is also estimated at $11 for priority. Big Red is still healing and will need pristine water conditions to continue healing. Right now I keep his water tinted with a tea made from IAL to help him heal.

Day 1: (in his cup)

Last week:

I don't have a good picture of his fins right now but I'll try to get one asap. Right now they're still short but you can see the clear edges where its grown back. Its possible he may have some butterfly pattern similar to Damon in my siggy.

#5 ·
Bump.. any one interested in either of these gorgeous guys? If you really like one but are worried about affording shipping or have any other questions or concerns feel free to PM me. I'm willing to work with potential adopters if I feel you will give the fish an excellent home.

Also remember that adopting a fish allows me to open up a spot for a new foster so your getting a new buddy and saving another fish at the same time :-D (I'm shameless I know LOL)

#8 ·
Zeandra... As long as any fish produced from the breeding went to good homes and never went to pet stores I wouldn't mind if they were bred. I also want any adopted fish to have forever homes.. I wouldn't want him only used for breeding and then discarded (not that I think you would do that :) ).

Betanovice.. many breeders adopt out young fish that aren't suitable for sale because of bad form or finnage or deformity of some sort. You usually get them around 3.5 months of age but some times older as well.

#11 ·
Thanks DQ... I am too. For a while I was afraid no one would want them.

Betanovice... that varies by breeder. Most will have some stock for free that are just not good quality at all. Some have fish for $5 and up depending on quality. You also have to factor in shipping. Some breeders will only do express shipping so even if the fish is free your looking at $35 shipping.

#12 ·
Here are 2 boys that I rescued with the intent of adopting back out!

Free shipping for priority (warm months only) $10.00 for express! If anyone is interested in these guy let me know!

Avalanche came to me with a nasty case of fin rot, he was in a cup so dirty I could barely see him, but now he's doing better and he's all ready to go to his new forever home!!

Fleet was rescued from a tank of barbs, he was hinding in a corner to scared to move! He is blind in his right eye, but perfectly healthy otherwise.

#15 ·
I'm preparing for a month-long vacation in about two and a half weeks, and though I have a little sister to take care of my fish, I realized it's time to finally post up the one of the two rescue boys I've been irrationally clinging to and the one girl I can't keep. I'm still getting my hands on shipping bags and such, but I'm willing to pay for half of whatever shipping ends up being. If anyone's in the Houston area, I'm willing to meet up instead.

I'm going to try and get better pictures, but my family members are weirdly possessive of their cameras and I have to hijack them when they aren't looking.

First up is Cameron, a lovely little bi-color VT male that I got from Petsmart with a decently developed case of finrot. He's looking much better now, though he's still a little flighty.

And the girl is Haru, my little multi VT female. She needs to be in a tank by herself, or at least in a sorority where there are no other dominant females (a hard task, I know). I would love to keep her, but when putting together my sorority, I ended up with two fish that didn't work--her, of course, and then my first ever betta turned out to be a male PK, something I'd long suspected. I've only got room for one of them.

#17 ·
A couple new pics of Fleet and Avalanche! I really need to find them forever homes so I can make room to take in 2 more rescues! I'll pay for priority shipping! I just want them to find fantastic homes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.