Betta Fish Forum banner

Check out my 10g!!!

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  nochoramet 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my lovely tank! I'm so excited! I know i'm not the best aquascaper, but I am proud of my very first tank :] Please post comments what you think! I'm about to squeal I'm so excited. I want to put the fishies in there NOW! But I know I shouldn't yet. It's so hard though! How long should I wait before putting them in there? I'm running 2 filters right now to get rid of the murkiness and I already put in conditioner... So just let me know what I need to do next :D From left to right it will be Haze, Libby, and then Chance. Chance always has his little Squidward thing lol

#4 ·
sounds good. Make sure you have your liquid test kit. It also helps to get a notebook or something and write down your readings everyday.. that way you can start seeing trends and can predict when your cycle will be over. With 3 fish in a 10 gall your cycle should go pretty fast. I don't know if you're planning to or not but I wouldn't add any tank mates (with the exception of a FEW shrimp if you want them) because 3 fish in a 10 is basically fully stocked... (JMO)

#5 ·
Very nice tank! Divided tanks are lots of fun :) I didn't wait more than an hour to put my boys in (shame on me). But I had to strip their old tanks when moving them to the 29 gallon. But there was about 12 gallons of old water... anyway I think you would be fine to put them in. Good Luck! :)

#8 ·
Very nice, I bet your boys will love it! good luck!

#9 ·
:) your welcome.. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The main thing to remember is DAILY WATER CHANGES... I can't stress this enough. Its the only way to keep your fish safe. Once you get the dividers set you should be good to add them in.. I can't wait to see pics once everyone is in and settled :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.