Betta Fish Forum banner

Please check my Betta

463 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aus 
#1 ·
Hi,I am new Betta owner & I got this fish 2 days ago.....can u guys please check his tail & he is not eating properly....he etas his food but then spit out them...I saw some White hings in his tail & i thought he is having rot tail problem but I am not sure & can u guys please tell me is he having velvet?please guys check him....:|

See less See more
#2 ·
those picture are not very clear but form one at the top, your feeding him WAY too much, only 4-5 a day, thats like 10 or 15 you have in there!
and he seems to have fin rot.

#6 ·
Look like he's in a bowl. I'm guessing, no heater.

And how many pellets are floating in that bowl? Take those out right away.. if they rot in there, that's a LOT of waste/ammonia.

Are you adding dechlorinator to the water? How often do you change his water?

Knowing basic care will help keep your fish happy and healthy. If he has fin rot (they do look a little ragged) there's ways to deal with that - Aquarium salt, not regular salt - BUT first we have to know what conditions he's in to begin with. And clean, conditioned water and proper feeding is essential to making him well.

So please answer the questions in this link.. this will help us figure out the best things for you to do:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.