Betta Fish Forum banner

Easy decor to make.

712 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MoePaac 
#1 ·
Well I took Alexander's tank down yesterday,boiled everything,cleaned out everything and added Riley. So,now I decided I would start re-building Riley's old 5 gallon. I was thinking about making some home-made aquarium safe decor. Any ideas? :)

Thanks,Kayla

#2 ·
You can cut out the the bottom of a large pop container. Cut it into the shape of a cave. Then get a bunch on little stones and glue gun them to the plastic cave!! You can also glue gun fake flowers to the cave too for a super cute effect. You can get fake flowers from the dollar store, but just make sure they're not scented, don't leak colour/sparkles, and have no metal on them.

#3 ·
if you want something natural you could use pebbles or rocks from the garden wash them well and use marine silicone to stick them together so they dont fall apart, i did it for ares tank and it looks great. its easy to make like varying levels and leave the inside hollow so he can choose different entrances to poke around in. mine loves going in the top of his mountain and going out the bottom.

#4 ·
Thank you both! :) I think I will try both ideas. :)

#7 ·
I can't find the link, but I saw a tutorial in which someone took a PVC pipe (though you could just as easily use plastic bottle or ceramic flower pot), covered it in silicone and rolled it in aquarium gravel/sand.

I've also taken a broken terra cotta pot, and using glue and rocks, made a neat little cave. Just sand down sharp edges and let the glue cure for 24-48 hours.

You can use hot glue (which takes less time to cure) or aquarium safe silicone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.