Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #651 
Nikki86

Cool thank you I'll do that
Nikki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #652 
Minerva

latest arrangement .. just transferred the Java fern into the tank

Here is a view of the front and from the top..
I took the moss ball out and added the Java fern..
Doing water testing to see if it's ready for my betta, Mulder..
Attached Images

Minerva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #653 
jarabas

Wow--I just discovered this thread.
I have a Spec III, two Spec Vs, and an Edge. I love them all.
I'll post the Edge as it's the newest tank and waiting for a gold hmpk from Thailand who gets here Wed.

I've tried slightly different mods with my different tanks. I've swapped out the charcoal cartridge for Purigen in all the tanks. I've got slightly hard water, so I have frog moss pads in the tops of all the filters as well. That actually dampens the flow from the head a bit and I also stuff some foam into it to dampen it a bit more. The Edge has an HOB so I've been experimenting with a bigger frog moss pad in a bag that's fixed into the spout to cut the flow a bit.
I've got two bare bottoms, one with white sand and caribsea substrate in the edge.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but will read it in bits and pieces to see what you all are doing with your tanks!

Here's the Edge and the new guy who's moving in soon.
Attached Images

jarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #654 
jarabas

Quote:
Originally Posted by glima3388 View Post
I did some mods for Spec V

Added an led-strip bar with all colors and put it underneath the original light mechanism. Adjusted the top to be higher up by putting some very small furniture sticky pads to the the 4 corners of the tanks.

Elevating the top maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch - in turn you down get the spillage of water of you fill your tank high and like your Betta to breathe better.

Anyone ever done a Spec divider? I'd only do it if it was glass
I made a divider with plastic canvas from the craft store and the stiff "binders" that come with those clear folders you put your papers inside in college. Then I tied a great big pad of java moss over the whole thing to make a moss "wall."
jarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #655 
Emma77

Hi! I'm very chuffed with my Fluvial Spec V for Jeffrey the VT. However, this morning he has a frayed top fin with an actual hole in it!

Every single tank decoration was checked for smoothness and I'm thinking it has to be the slatted top intake. I had pulled up the sponge from the filter to cover the back - perhaps that wasn't good enough? Anyone else have a similar experience or advice?
Emma77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec