Betta Fish Forum banner

Horrible Vase home

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  kathstew 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Shooot, you have to pay the person in person.

lol... I thought I'd be able to scrounge up enough money to scoop him up (and break the vase when he got here), but apparently the person is expecting local buyers.

*not familiar with the site and just realized it was a "local classifieds" ad*

#5 ·
My school used to have a betta in a vase like that, but he had a lot more room compared to that poor boy. He just had some roots of the plants on top of him, that poor guy is totally rammed against the glass. Wish I had the money to help him out D: ...

#6 ·
Aww, poor little dude! If there was only one bamboo in there, it mght not be so bad, but that's horrible! I hope whoever gets him is able to give him a better home.

#7 ·
I know! Its horrible! I don't have the money, if I did I would scoop him up in a second - and yell at the person who would do such a horrible thing.

I'm guessing they are one of the people who believe betta's can survive off of eating roots. >_>

This shocked me so much.

#8 ·
Awww, that is so awful! :( Poor lil guy! I keep my VT in a vase, but it has 1/2" of gravel (not a lot) and 1 small silk plant with the rest filled all the way to the top with water. 1.2 gallons of swimming room, that's fine! This guy doesn't even have 1/4 of a gallon! :( That's awful...

#11 ·
I know, that betta is gorgeous! It totally looks like he's tangled in the roots, your right! :( Poor thing! Just pray he gets a real, decent sized home. :/

#12 ·
why not try to see if the person would sell you just the betta, or go down lower on the price? shoot, for that price(if i was horrible enough to do it), i could get a few bettas, bamboo, and vases, not just one! x-X i'd NEVER do that to a betta, though. just saying that they're expecting too much for what they're selling.

#13 ·
I agree about the price Luimeril! I will try to convince my parents, but I can't get my hopes up. It's not very close to my house either, a good few hours drive away, I don't know if I'd be able to convince them to drive all that way "just for a fish". He is definitely a beauty. I'll bring it up tomorrow at breakfast maybe. Wish me luck, but don't expect much.

Argh, wait until I get my drivers license, I'll be cruising the streets, saving bettas everywhere XD

#16 ·
D:
I did contact the person, though. Apparently they expected to have their parent drive them to the buyer's house, so s/he can hold it securely so it didn't break.
Which it's sad to think they sound like they care about the betta in that way... or they just don't want to break it...

Anyway, I kinda wish I asked, "Well, I live a very long way away, mind if I just pay for the plant and fish and the shipping? I'll tell you how to ship him!"
Blaaaah... but I didn't do that. D: And I don't have money for shipping anymore either. (Got a new betta from Thailand. xP )

#18 ·
Thanks you guys for caring so much about the little guy! Its so nice to see!

I'm really sad I couldn't get him. ): I hope someone gets him and gives him a proper home!

#19 ·
Poor Betta :(
I also hope he finds a great home. It just makes me mad x-( that people treat any living animal like that.

#21 ·
I highly doubt they think about that at all. Its terrible. I want to yell at these people SO much. If I lived closer I would demand my parents take me to get him. Its like two hours away though. ):

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.