Betta Fish Forum banner

Horrible betta home on AB...

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Lion Mom 
#1 ·
#5 ·
There is a candle under this thing! Sure it will heat it, but staying lit for hours and that water would become too warm!!! And imagine the constant water temp change. EVery time you leave, blow it out, and at night....

#10 ·
I vote report! Least expensive fish to own??? Do they realize that AB bettas are not cheap. Seriously?! The whole description is so ridiculous!

#11 ·
The description...I would've laughed had it not been so cruel and wrong. "Most easiest" hahahahhaahah..."water change 2 weeks" WTFrench toast?!

#13 ·
"All you have to do is feed it and change it's water every 2 weeks?? I'll admit I have bettas in bowls(much larger than this I promise!!! I would never do this!!) But their water is kept at an even temp. and I change their water every week!!! In a bowl this small you would have to change it's water like every day!!!! That's barely bigger than the cups!!!

#16 ·
wow. can we rescue the betta too?

#17 ·
Wait... there's a candle under it? Like a little fishy cauldron? Poor babies :(

#18 ·
Back in Victorian times, that is how tanks were heated - with a candle or lantern underneath. Sounds like they understood fish needing heat, but, of course, had no electricity for heaters so did the best they could at the time.

Today, however, there is just NO excuse for using a candle as the heat source!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.