Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #1131 
IslandGirl7408

So is that fish considered an Armageddon since it has red and yellow touching?
IslandGirl7408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #1132 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl7408 View Post
So is that fish considered an Armageddon since it has red and yellow touching?

I would consider the fish Armageddon for sure
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #1133 
sharkettelaw1

I'm going back in a few days for supplies, gonna take both of them. Because those fools insist on the pair sharing a small tank
sharkettelaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #1134 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkettelaw1 View Post
I'm going back in a few days for supplies, gonna take both of them. Because those fools insist on the pair sharing a small tank
That would be terrific because they have no future in a tank together at the store. Just crazy because at some point it will get ugly. May want to remind them that these are Siamese fighting fish after all. Obviously these fish are either sick or luckily very mellow.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #1135 
Nimble

That is most definitely an Armageddon.

Unlike the Dalmatian gene, which can be confused for Armageddon to those who don't know the difference, your friend has a real-deal Armageddon.
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #1136 
sharkettelaw1

They usually keep them separated but I think because they are veils they regard them as easily discarded fish. I really like the boy though. Female is constantly stressed from obvious reasons.. I would have taken him yesterday but I found a melano delta which black fighters are so incredibly rare here that letting them go is letting an opportunity slip. But I'm certainly going back for that mg.. Girl two. I have empty tanks so may as well set them up ^.^ you don't want to know where they house their hi fin sharks X.X they cannibalize each other.
sharkettelaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #1137 
logisticsguy

I am considering changing my focus with betta fish. These days Im finding myself wanting to help betta I see on the verge of death at stores. Maybe devote myself to rescue, rehab and rehome. To do this I would need to use all my tanks for this purpose. It would be a rescue for all freshwater fish for people that cant look after them anymore due to the extreme economic downturn in this area. I could use all the skills I developed breeding for a better purpose maybe? I could put stores "feet to the fire" more about care than I do now as an occasional betta supplier. Just deep thinking tonight. Any thoughts?
Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #1138 
Stone

When I have a tank or tanks empty I usually rescue a sickly betta from somewhere (usually walmart) I have 3 right now all from walmart one big blue veiltail, and 2 crowntails, they are both pretty unusual looking fish, I need to take some pics of them, I am good at nursing a fish back to health, but the re-homing part I suck at because I keep them and let them live out their lives which has usually been shortened by their ordeal. Elvis's old tank is sitting empty right now but it is an experiment I am doing with one of those citric acid and baking soda co2 generators, just has a bunch of assassin snails and their food trumpet snail in it, I am working on the fine tuning and do not want to co2 gas a fish to death, and it is under major re-scaping, I got an awesome deal on a mixed lot of Bucephalandra plants that I have attached to a nice piece of spiderwood. I need to change out the little internal filter with my little zoomed 501 canister filter. Maybe once I get it settled in I will get another giant or rescue another from walmart. I will say as far as rescuing goes meth blue is like one of the most awesome things ever.I need to do some photos of my wild simorums as well, out of the 5 I got only 2 survived 1 died form unknown causes, and the other 2 totally my fault for not closing the lid on my tank and they jumped. The 2 left are either both females or 2 of the most passive males ever, could be a pair but I have never seen them build a bubble nest or attempt to spawn, but they get along perfectly fine and are huge fish long and slender, longer than typical giants for sure but not as beefy.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote