Betta Fish Forum banner

Concerned about Artie

325 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but I just brought home my Betta on Sunday & he's been pretty active so far. His aquarium is holding steady at 77 degrees, he's been eating, no discoloration and all his water levels (nitrates, hardness, pH etc) appear to be fine. I don't recall seeing him sleep/rest much over the past few days, which I presume is due to the stress of being transferred into his new 2.5 gal home vs the cup he was accustomed to before, however, he has been snuggled up to one of the plastic plants in his tank in the corner for the past 5+ hours. Is he probably just catching up on the rest now that he maybe feels more comfortable/has settled down? I do have 2 onion bulbs in his tank that are sprouting and we've been using a grow bulb for them turning them on and off periodically. Any insight would be great!

Thank you :)

#2 ·
he should be ok. I'm assuming there's no chlorine, betta love to hide if they're a little stressed, so long as he is eating and pooping he should be ok. I wouldn't worry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.