Betta Fish Forum banner

is my crowntail mixed?

685 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sammys14 
#1 · (Edited)
hello everyone!
i have a crown tail which ive had for about 7 months now and i also have a halmoon (both males) and i got the halfmoon two months after ...but i noticed that my crowntail is way bigger than my halfmoon like his face his body is just way bigger....could he be mixed with a giant? like somewhere around the line there was a giant in his family or something cause hes alot bigger... hes even bigger than any other normal crowntail ive seen and my friend who bought her own crowntail like a month after is so much smaller (hes in a 5 gallon if that changes anything)
my bettas are both in their own 10 gallon tank, heated, filterd, and conditioned.

#2 ·
It is possible. It's also possible that he's just much older than your HM. Betta's don't stop growing at 4-5 months old, they will continue to grow and fill out right past a year old and more sometimes depending on it's genetics. Just like people. So either could be possible, you'd never really know though unless your HM starts to actually grow as well lol.

#3 ·
thank you:p i hope hes much older cause i love how big he is and i hope my halfmoon becomes big like that too but i doubt that will happen since like i said he is way bigger than any other normal betta ive seen and also i bought both of mine at the same petshop where they only sell bettas which are one year old so they have their full color. so my two bettas are about the same age

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.