Betta Fish Forum banner

I got my sorority girls!!!!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I've been looking high and low for some VT girlies ... today I lucked out! There had been a new shipment of females at Petsmart, about a dozen. All different colours too! So I combed through them and found a cellophane, two cambodians, a yellow (currently my favourite!), a green with orange fins, and a dalmation. So at long last, I have a new sorority. It's been nearly a year since I had my last one. I'm quarantining them for a few days, and then it's into the tank :) I'll need to see their personalities before I name them all.

Pics as soon as possible. For now they're still stressed from the trip home.

But I am so excited!!!!!

#3 ·
They've gotten settled in the 15g, since I haven't seen any forms of illness with them. Already a few have some bites and rips in their fins, especially the green girl. Her anal fin has been torn to shreds, but it's nothing that time won't heal. I added some extra caves - two glass jars I used for my past sororities with huge success. Soooo ... they haven't even been in the tank for half an hour and I'm seeing glints of their personalities. Either the cellophane or the multicoloured cambodian will be the alpha ... but I think it would be better in the whole if I got another girl just to unbalance everything. I'm very antsy right now ... I saw those two locking jaws ... it's all normal ... deep breath ....

#4 ·
Ooh, I know! I always used to get so antsy around my sorority, fretting over each girl...lol...but it's so worth it. Can't wait to see pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.