Betta Fish Forum banner

He looks to be passing on, please help!

568 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  shellieca 
#1 ·
After several attempts to get him well, He stopped eating 3 days ago and now he is just floating in the top corner with his heart barely beating. He was treated beacuse he removed his slime coat and he had been blowing pea sized bubbles for over 2 weeks. I reached in to fix the thermometer and he just bumped/ floated into my hand listlessly. IS HE ON THE WAY OUT???? PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...I DO NOT WANT HIM TO SUFFER. :-:)BIGweepy:

#2 ·
I'm sorry your Betta isn't well. What size tank is he in? How long has it been set up? Is it heated? When was your last water change & how big? How long have you had him? What treatment did you do? Bettas make a bubble nest so I'm not sure what your concern is over the bubbles, did it seem as if he wasn't intentionally blowing bubbles? Usually but not always if you keep them in pristine, heated water they do well & it cures most things.

#3 ·
Thanks for replying, We lost him at 9:30 am ET. Lance was so beautiful, we will always remember him that way! He has ill off and on since we adopted him in May 2012. He waited for me to come back from helping family members move and then passed quickly about 10 minutes later. I will not try a Betta again til my heart heals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.