Betta Fish Forum banner

Hello Everyone!

1K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  toad 
#1 ·
Hi All! I've been reading this forum for a couple of days now, but I felt inclined to register after reading the thread about the Teddy Tank and sending an email off to the company. From what I've seen, this is a lovely community of fish lovers :)

So, about me... My name is British, which was my first choice as a username, but it was taken. I'm a college student, and a pharmacy technician. I may have a (slight?) addiction to chocolate and have been a vegetarian for 5 years. I have a dog named Toad (hence my username), 3 lady rats, 2 lovely boy bettas (Howie and Rosco) and some outdoor kitties that have adopted me.

I'm a fish n00b. We always had a fish tank when I was growing up, but I was never involved in caring for them. I'm 21 and living alone now, and I adopted my first fish on the last day of March. There was a small aquarium left in the kitchen when I moved into this apartment, and it sat on the counter for a good six months before I decided to do something with it. So, one day I went to Petco to buy dog food, and found the prettiest little betta fish in a tiny cup on the shelf. I thought he was stunning because he was silver and red. It turns out that Howie is not a silver fish - he's a navy blue fish :shock: It took me almost 2 weeks to get him to eat anything and I was sure that I would find him floating every morning when I got up. Since I brought him home 3 months ago, he has blossomed into the friendliest little fish I ever met. I just moved him from the little 2 gallon tank into a 10 gallon tank over the weekend. He's doing wonderfully in it.

While I was tank shopping for Howie, I discovered a precious little blue betta with white fins; I named him Rosco and I promised him I'd come back and rescue him. Two days ago, when I went back to Petco to get him (he was in the same spot, like no one had even looked at him all weekend), he was laying on his side, not moving and I noticed that his left eye is white and displaced in an odd way. The eye is very far forward on his face, almost on the edge of his mouth. He looked so far gone, I almost left him there. My little brother convinced me to bring him home anyway, so I did; as soon as I put little Rosco in the 2 gallon tank, he perked right up and began swimming (almost) normally. He swims a little sideways, and I'm attributing this to the injury/congenital defect on his face. He's been building bubble nests and eating like a champ, and is getting very friendly. He even flared at me :) So cute.

I love my scaly pets just as much as my furry ones, though many people don't understand that. And, I feel it's official - I've caught the Betta Bug. I look forward to meeting you all!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, we are indeed a betta loving community. There are some very nice people here and we all love to share our thoughts and experiences.

I bet your bettas are beauts :) It's so nice of you to have rescued Roscoe, keep us updated on how he is doing please :)

I Look forward to seeing you around the forum ;-)

#7 ·
#9 ·
Hahaha

#11 ·
Bacon Is Good!! LOL

#13 ·
I ADORE bacon but then after I eat it I kinda.. Feel bad :L I mean a pig died for me to enjoy that... But I've grown up forced to eat meats. Bacon is just the type of meat I like.

Lol I love our bacon discussion. :)

#14 ·
Its okay

#16 ·
Love the pic

#19 ·
Pretty betta OFL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.