Betta Fish Forum banner

25G betta centered tank-companion suggestions?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sakemomo 
#1 ·
i was able to find a bigger tank, 25G, for free. so i'm going to set that one up as my main and i'm thinking of keeping the 10G as a sick tank, that or selling it, don't know yet.

anyway, i'm trying to figure out what will all fit in the 25G once at max. i would still like the betta, dwarf frog and cory combo and would like to add tetras. i should be able to get all of those in now that i have over double the size in tank right?

this is what i was thinking of:
1 male betta
2 dwarf frogs
3 corys
4-5 rummynose
1 red tail shark (i know they are bit more aggressive, but my mother was able to get one to work in her tank when she had a betta so i would like to try)
? kuhli loach (but i'm unsure if 25 gal is enough and how many i would be able to have)
if i have anymore room i was thinking cherry barbs or more rummynose, or maybe something else small and colorful that will get along. what does everyone think? i'm open to substitution suggestions on anything but the betta, frog and corys, those i would really like to have.

See less See more
#2 ·
well from what i know..majority of people would prolly say that red tailed black sharks are rather agrresive and ive been told they like to munch on corys occasionally. Id imagine the frog would get the same treatment.

Khulis like groups of 3+ like corys but get quite large i do recall so they would be unfit for a 25 gallon.

Cherry barbs are really good community fish. Only other thing id be concerned with is make sure the rummynose get big enough the betta wont eat them. I dont recall how large they get off of the top of my head.

#3 ·
hmm, that may be true. but i read they only get 6 inches. that doesn't seem all that large... how long does it take for a red tail to grow? and would they work out ok with goldfish in a 29G? cause if he got too big for my tank i could send him to my mother's. she has goldfish though and i heard they don't do all that well with other fish. but then again, does 4 gallons make that big of a difference to a fish? i guess it doesn't seem like much to me, but i'm not really experienced with fish either.

#5 ·
what would work well with a red tail? i'm still going for a betta centered tank now but in the future, what would be best for a red tail centered? would 25 gal be enough?

other then the red tail, are the other choices for the betta good? how many fish would be the max?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.