Betta Fish Forum banner

Tank question no criticism!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  sidfishus 
#1 ·
I have a 3 inch male crowntail betta in a 1 gal tank and a delta tail betta that's 1 cm Ina 2.5 gal tank should I switch the tanks? The male is red female is cellophane .

#7 ·
Wow, 1cm is really, really young. Teeny tiny baby.

The adult fish could certainly benefit from the larger space, but I know that it's super important for baby bettas to have fresh clean environments, which would mean you'd have to really be careful with the 1 gallon if you put the baby in there. And if it has a filter, it would have to be something that wouldn't suck the baby up.

I don't know. Maybe someone with more experience can give you better advice.

#8 ·
Thanks shes very sweet and I was locking at atleast 100 betas and she swam up to me and said hi!(not literally talking but...) she probably wasn't anybodys first choice but she was my first choice!:-D

#11 ·
I would wait until the baby is fully grown. I think it is 9 months?
Then you can switch who ever is bigger to the bigger tank. Or maybe within that time you can get another 2.5 gallon tank and just use the 1 gallon as a holding tank or hospital tank if they ever need it. :]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.