Betta Fish Forum banner

My New Dragon scale Betta :)

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  alysalouise 
#1 ·
Some little guy i picked up at my local petco! Got him For 5.00 bucks.
Best 5 dollars ive spent in awhile.

See less See more
#12 ·
hmmm his caudal fins do look relatively long ot be a shortfin plakat. Get him to flare, and see if his caudal fin stretches out 180 degrees! :) if its a little under that, he's prolly a super delta. *** I have a "super delta" named Izume that reached like 160 degrees when he was a baby, and as he got older it reached a full 180 degrees- and still does. Idk why that was, but maybe if your boy gets a lil growing done that can happen to him too!!!

#10 ·
Wow gorgeous fish!

#11 ·
0.0 pretty!!!!! He looks like he has flames for fins!!!! I LOVE your dragon =3 ♥♥♥♥ dragon plakats are my fav, hehee

#14 ·
LOL... bettas are piggies, all they ever want is food.

hmmm..... here are some ways I make my fish flare:

a. adjacent male betta
b. adjacent female betta
c. A mirror
d. The light on my camera
e. My finger...but then they bite! :'(

hmmmm see, some bettas have different personalities! Some are all peaceful and compatible with others, some are the opposite. Some random items can upset or scare a betta fish. One of mine, Mr. Jappi.....HATES my finger and the camera!! He gets scared of the camera so he flares, creeps closer like he is gonna bite, and then he bumps his head on the tank!! X'D One of my bettafish pal's fish hates a plushie of the herpes virus and red nail polish 0.o The mirror is the most effective and common ;) He may just be peaceful and chill fish, im surprised the mirror didnt do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.