Betta Fish Forum banner

Bettas with ADFs

813 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  allan47 
#1 ·
Hey guys:

I am in the planning stage for my second 10 gallon tank. I will be using live plants (and I have ordered flourite for my substrate from Fosters and Smith). Is it possible to put two female bettas and 2 african dwarf frogs in 1 10 gallon tank. I might be able to get 3 female bettas in there without overstocking the tank. With the 1 inch/gal principle, it should fit nicely.

Any ideas of the temperments of the ADFs with bettas and what they eat? From what I have read, they can eat bloodworm that sinks to the bottom (a nice ammonia controller)....and yes, I plan on cycling the tank. I am cycling my first one now. Any thoughts on the ADFs though?

#6 ·
Gizmo is right. You need at least 5 females to prevent aggression and having good planting will help. I have fresh water shrimp in my 6.6 gal Chi. I did find one dried out carcass on the carpet the other day but probably hitched a ride on the vacuum tube then dropped off rather than climbing out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.