Betta Fish Forum banner

I feel bad

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Made2party 
#1 ·
Okay i was practicing my clarinet and my betta was chasing my ghost shrimp, i went down stairs for 5 mins and i was missing a ghost shrimp! The day after i got it :( any one else experanced this?

#2 ·
No, but all 4 of my ghost shrimp died pretty quickly. The 2 small ones died overnight and the 2 bigger ones died when one of my platies died, I don't know if they were trying to eat an infected platy or what. (I had to medicate the entire tank of platies)

I never got ghost shrimp again. Honestly, I don't like them, they were jerks to my fish.

#3 ·
No, but all 4 of my ghost shrimp died pretty quickly. The 2 small ones died overnight and the 2 bigger ones died when one of my platies died, I don't know if they were trying to eat an infected platy or what. (I had to medicate the entire tank of platies)

I never got ghost shrimp again. Honestly, I don't like them, they were jerks to my fish.
haha Ok

#6 ·
When I had ghost shrimp, the first one died in about a month and a half (because the tank was cycling and I didn't know about it back then)....but I had ghost shrimp live for over a year and a half.

I then moved on to cherries and I loved them as well..

I now own amano shrimp andi love them as well! They are hilarious!

All shrimp molt throughout their lives

Made2party, some bettas just don't go with shrimp...some bettas just see shrimp as snacks instead of tank mates :-/ don't let this one experience steer you away from shrimp forever! They are great little additions to any tank! And mine are so friendly! The minute I stick my hand in the tank they are all over it! (except they steal my cories' food pellets :mad: ...as soon as the pellets drop into the tank one shrimp at a time will steal them one by one and go hoard them... :lol: )

#7 ·
My ghost shrimp got eaten. You could keep them in a tank below 5 gallons. I did. I put them in my 3.5 gallon. They produce almost no ammonia at all. :) You could always buy more.

#10 ·
I should mention I had my ghost shrimp experience when I just started having fish. It's going to sound funny but I freaked out a few times when I tried to catch them with a net or cup to do water changes. .. twice they jumped out of nets or cups, and because they are clear I had a hard time finding them. They just sort of stuck to things. I did save them at the time, but I hated catching them because when they jumped I thought they were going to jump on me and they are kind of creepy like bugs.

I think the various colored shrimp are cute though. Someone on this site told me that cherry shrimp or some other shrimp are less aggressive than ghost shrimp. My ghost shrimp competed for food with my bettas. They didn't wait around to eat from the bottom after a while .. they swam up to try to grab pellets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.