Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta Mommy Right Here!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hi all! My name is Felicia and I'm a first time betta owner. I adopted my betta exactly one month ago. I'm a college student at Indiana University and fish are the only pets we are allowed to have in the dorms. I left two dogs and a cat back home. I needed something to take care of. I decided to adopt my beautiful veil tail male betta. His name is Algernon. Originally, I had him in a small one liter tank, but today I moved him into a new 3 gallon tank. I'm hoping that he will be a little happier with the new tank. I know that he was really excited to see the new decorations. He'd swim over to them and he'd pop up his top fin in interest. It was too cute! I've never had a betta before, but I'm trying my best! I'm thinking of buying him a heater for his tank. If you have any advice for me I'd appreciate it!

He used to blow me all of these bubbles. Once I started changing his water he stopped doing it. )=

This is his brand new tank!

He loves his real plant.

I never expected to love my little fishy this much! :-D

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum your guy is a beauty ! I would get a 25 watt adjustable heater, the Elite brand heaters are really great and I got mine from Amazon they have the best prices I could fine. Their water temp needs to be anywhere from 76 to 82 since they are tropical fish and also you need a thermometer to check the temp of the water when you get a heater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.