Betta Fish Forum banner

New girl! (pic heavy)

561 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pinksnowme 
#1 ·
New girl! Pictures do her no justice (never do, do they?) In life she is so very much more purple/lilac in color. And such a personality!

Went shopping last night with daughter and BF to get my daughter her Halloween costume, I decided to see if they had any new shipment in on the bettas. (Walmart, it's the only place I can go within an hour's drive to get a female outside of ordering online.. darn small towns!) Anyways, like usual, none of the lids had the holes poked for air, had the sticker over the hole. So as I was one by one poking holes in I happen to of seen this girl and I squealed. Was looking for a white or marble, but just couldn't put her down. So I got her. Luckily I have a couple spare tanks so was able to bring her home. Need to get some deco for her, but for now she has a plant that I took from Xander's, along with the substrate from No Name since he likes to bury himself in it and rub off his scales (grr). But I'll set her up nice and pretty soon. I got her home, she was very calm in the bumpy truck ride back that lasted 40+ mins, and after acclimation to the water she was in! She immediately lost most of her stress lines and when she saw one of the boys she started up her breeding stripes. (Sigh.. already a flirt) I had to feed the boys since it was late and they were mad at me for not feeding them on time (Xander bit my finger to make sure I knew he was angry). I decided to see if she would eat anything.. yup! Five minutes into being in a new home she ate 2 pellets. And then 2 more this morning. She isn't skittish at all.. heck, I was trying to fish out some poo she dropped right when she got in her new tank, and she kept attacking the straw.. she wouldn't budge, I kept pushing her with it. Silly girl.. she's going to be a handful! Now only to come up with a name...

Sorry for the long intro, but squee! I found my perfect girl!

Here she is in order from last night to this morning how she is coloring up.

The last one is of the water changes I did today on the boys, put her in her cup so I could add deco.

While had the camera out and changing water.. No Name showed some interest in her, but couldn't decide whether or not to check her out or keep swimming back and forth. I swear he is a little neurotic. (Yes, his tank is bare because anything in there but a cup and he will get himself killed. Literally.

"Who's dat?"

"Oh wait.. who is daaat?"

"Tis me!"

I wish his neon blue showed up more in the camera =(

Xander got to say hi to her for a moment too.. he really put a show on for her! Couldn't really get any pics of him from all the dancing lol.

"Oh hai!"

" 'Sup?"

"Lets dance baby!"

It's no wonder I keep these 2 guys near my desk.. now my girl too lol.
Thanks for humoring me!

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol mine!
Thanks =) I've never seen such a vivid purple, it's a shame that the camera pics up mostly blue though. Either way, she is having a ball teasing the boys right now and I think it's funny. Will have to block their views once in a while I suspect. Poor boys just don't know what to do with themselves seeing a female lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.