Betta Fish Forum banner

King Betta?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ScuitoAmi150 
#1 ·
Is there different standards of keeping for a King betta? They are bigger, so do they require bigger tanks? Do they sell them older than regular bettas at petco (most of their bettas aren't full grown)? Is there a Queen betta or something that they breed them to to get them?

There is this light pinkish one with orange fins that I really want. But of course they are $13 here. I do have a 2g or 3g I could keep him in...but...I don't really have space for the tank. Nor do I have the money to buy him. Why are they so expensive?

#2 ·
From what I know, they are half Giant plakats and half normal plakats. I wouldn't put one in a 2-3 gallon tank. They grow very large. (4 inches?) So, if your going to get one, I recommend a 5g+ tank. 10 gallons would be even better.

Personally, I think petco is kinda over priced.... but they are expensive because they have giant blood in them. :)

#3 ·
I have mine in a 6 gallon and he's huge. He's already just a hair under three inches and that's just his body. I'll probably upgrade him to a 10 before the year is through. He's still young and growing every day. Don't get one if you can't house him in bigger then a 2 or 3. Be patient and wait til you can fit one in.

They're really very shy. Mine is anyway. He's a big fraidy cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.