Betta Fish Forum banner

Getting 3 CT females

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Wyvern 
#1 ·
I have my 10gallon tank ready for them and I will be getting them from a local breeder. When I get them they will still be babies I suspect - 2 or 3 months old! Im so excited! I was wondering how many guppies will I be able to add to the tank?

It is a planted tank with a fake tree stump and 2 terracotta pots for cover. Filter and heater as well.

#3 ·
I think you should get five females make the pecking order a little easier. That way the other two won't gang up on the smallest.

#5 ·
Well i would suggest to get 1 more from maybe another one of his batches, because three is a little risky. Plus they are so cute!! Just get one more so its even and they are not going to gang up on the little one like one member had said. Good luck.

Tell us whats going on.

#6 ·
I will let you know as soon as I get them :D I got rid of the goldies and replaced them with 7 guppies - they will stay till the girls arrive and then my brother is taking them for his tank. He's got a mix of danio's, rumny noses and swords with plenty of space for the guppies.

I have to say I love my local fish place. The one guy got so excited when i showed him pics of my planted tank that he is going to do the same to his. Also when I was choosing the guppies he kept picking the ones he loved and I have to admit he has a good eye, they are stunning now that the colour has come in. And so hyper active compared to the silly goldies. Im going to miss them :p The owner of my LFS is on a mission for me, he is instructed to find me 2 more girls, Im looking for a red and metalic turquoise one. He will be going round to some local breeders and find them for me. hopefully I will have all of them by the 24th.

#8 ·
Good luck let me know how it goes with your females.I want so bad to get females. But I don't want them fighting.Green and blues are so pretty to me.Somone give me some small mollies.Maybe too many.13 mollies 2 platy, 3 catfish and my little girl Betta.They all get alone so good right now in 55 gal.My sister is taking some of the mollies though.I just don't want to mess up the peace in the tank.

#9 ·
Ok so the guppies are in (couldnt stop my mum tho and at the moment there are 11! Some will definitely go to my brother's tank tho at some point.)

Im adding two terracotta pots, just waiting for the glue to dry completely before adding them to the tank. I glued the holes shut and added a glass bead on the back to make it look pretty :p

My only problem is I have loads of air bubbles that I have no idea where they came from. Any advice on how to get rid of it?

#10 ·
I LOVE your guppies. They are all gorgeous. There is a yellow one in there that reminds me of my old guppy (RIP). Are your guppies all males? If you have some females be prepared for ALOT of babies! LOL

I love your tank, its beautiful! Very nicely decorated!

Did you add more water to your tank? Usually its just oxegneated water from adding new water. If you swipe your hand, or a net, against them, they should go away.

#11 ·
Hey and thanks :D The yellow ones I had to get (paid a small fortune for them but worth it) they are rare here, its the first time Ive ever seen completely yellow ones.

I added some water but not that much about 10% on that day - its never happened to me before so was just freaked. I had to just clean out some of the plants that rotted on me - I have to remember not to get plants at the one fish place near me, they tend to melt and get icky fast. Also had to move a few to the front since it was getting sucked onto the filter intake that blocked it and I think it caused some bubbles since it was almost completely blocked :S

Its all nice and clean now, did a mini water change to get rid of the manky plant bits that was floating all over the show. Will get some hair grass now cos there is now an empty spot under the filter intake that is driving me insane!

I got very lucky with most of my plants - they are hard to come by here and found an aquarist that had plenty and willing to sell them to me. My brother and I spent about R100 on my plants and his = between the two of us we shared it equally except for the vallis. That was MINE! Im now waiting for some corkscrew vallis but might only get it later in the year since its winter now and all the guys are moaning about struggling to get plants.

Im waiting to see what colours my girls will be and then I might change my one lamp in the tank to a pinkish colour that the guy who grows his own plants told me to get - it apparently boosts the plant growth a lot.

I have to admit the guppies are now my second favourite fish after Betta's :p I only have males in the tank, we accidently chose a female and an hour later rushed back to swop her for a male, cos all the boys where chasing her like mad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.