Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Spawning Log

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  tpocicat 
#1 ·
My Black Crown Tail Spawning took place on Monday 30th July 2012 at about 18:30 and ended 22:00.

Fry hatched on Tuesday 31st July 2012. Used a bare tank for spawning only wax wrap. The day of spawning I added Liqui-fry to the tank.

Today the fry is about 3 weeks old, growing fast and eating like piglets. I have them on newly hatched brine shrimp from week 1. The feeds are usually twice a day eccept for week-ends 3 meals for the day.

Types of food BBS, microworms and crushed baby food powder (a bit of diffucutly).

The spawn tank is almost water-level as I had been topping daily with prepared water and Seachem prime. I have added now a sponge filter as the amount of fry thus far looks well over 100/200.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Spawning - Gold/Yellow Crown Tail

My Gold/Yellow Crown Tail Pair spawned on Sunday 29th July 2012. Spawning started at about 8:30 and ended 14:30, it took this Gold/Yellow CT female 4 different betta males to spawn with but failed as she would beat them up for her small size.

Fry are now 3 weeks old and growing. This batch was small only about 30 fry as the male started to eat from the eggs probably the unfertilized eggs.

Also giving them a variety of foods like BBS, Microworms and Crushed Baby Food.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.