Betta Fish Forum banner

Need advice before my Petsmart run!

555 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ChicagoPete 
#1 · (Edited)
I got my Thailand bettas today! :) They're all very active and appear healthy... except my HM male is missing a very large chunk of his caudal fin from shipping. I'm use to rips, but this is a big and very deep one. I can see it floating in his bag :( I've had experience healing tears, but not quite this large scale. Am I going to use the same method I've used before? I have never used medication in the water, since I'm pro natural healing, but is this a case for some meds?

Advice is appreciated :) I'm making a Petsmart run a little later here for an appropriate breeding tank :D I'd like some suggestions before I leave the store, so I can grab whatever Orion needs. Currently he's in IAL infused water and will be very slowly introduced to US water.

Sorry it'll be slightly difficult to see the full extent of his injury, but I haven't gotten around to starting the acclimating process yet... they literally JUST arrived lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
Poor fella...from what I remember (it was hectic) I don't remember seeing him with any damage. He probably took quite a chunk out of his fins on his way to you. Some IAL, low light, warm water, clean water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.