Betta Fish Forum banner

Help for a newbie, pics included.

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I need help. We bought two bettas. Put them in separate bowls. After coming here and reading I discovered that bowls were not the best and bought two 1.5 (I think or their 1 gallon) tanks for each. (This is after one fish decided to jump out. She died two days after jumping out. The first fish is doing great. He's gorgeous. Swimming and having a great time.
We bought another fish, a male this time to replace the one who died. He was doing fine until tonight. I went to feed the fish and noticed he was in the bottom of the tank. Another fish gone. :( I don't know what's going on. And then I saw these things on the plants we have in the tank. What the heck are these? Are they eggs? I googled betta fish eggs and couldn't determine if this is what they were for sure. (And since this was supposed to be a male, I'm thinking no, but hey, who knows?)
Anyway, here are some pics. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It could just be air bubbles. Unfortunatly 1 gall. is not enough water for a betta as they are very active, 2+ gallons is the recomended amount I beleive. I think next time you buy a betta you may want to buy from somewhere else.:( Where did you buy your 3 bettas? The fish on it's side I know is very sick it looks like. bettatalk.com has a disease part and if either fish aprear to have the discribed ailment treat as indicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.