Betta Fish Forum banner

need help with tank organization!

866 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SmokeNLark 
#1 ·
i have two male betta fish and two female betta fish.
i have the two males in their separate bowls and each female in a 10 gallon community tank.
so, i have 2 unheated bowls and 2 heated 10 gallon community tanks.
10 gallon- famela
10 gallon- female
bowl- male
bowl- male
now, since it's becoming winter i can no longer keep them in bowls and need them to each have their own heated tank. i cant get any more supplies.

so, i need to know how to manage 2 females and 2 males in 2 10 gallon tanks.

#3 · (Edited)
You need to go divided tanks. Split each ten gallon in half. One tank females the other tank males. I know you said you can't but any more materials, but dividers are cheap. You can make DIY for about $5.

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/diy-aquarium-tank-dividers-21866/

edit: Just noticed that you might have other fish in the 10 Gallons besides the bettas, this complicates matters. What are they and how many? If you have to you might have to give away one of your Bettas.

#6 ·
Much too small..

Angels prefer Tanks with height... Such as your Hexagonal tanks.. Or tanks that have more height than length (6ft high by 3ft long for example)

A 10G will stunt their growth...

Angels can also be territorial..

The Rainbow Shark will also grow WAY too big for a 10G..

He needs a 3ft tank and upwards..

Neons need to be in groups of 10 otherwise they get insecure and WILL start Fin nipping

#7 ·
I've heard neons can be in groups of 5 or higher (higher is always better). But either way, 3 is not enough.

Agreed with the angelfish and shark too. 10 gallon is wayyyyyy too small for those fish.

#10 ·
The reason for you fish being so small is that they are being kept in such a small tank.
About the Bettas. You cannot put two males in the same tank without a divider! Also. You shouldnt add ANY tank mates with the males. Saying this. Keep the Bowls and buy some heaters!
Also. Do not put a female Betta in with a male Betta without a divider as well! But you can keep two females in the same soritiy tank if they have grown used to tank mates

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.