Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #1041 
Elsewhere

Me too, InStitches! They (surprisingly) have more personality than Bettas, and they also live a hell of a lot longer, so I'm safe in loving them to pieces!

I'll make sure they don't find out ;) Crowley's my favourite oldest axolotl, Mischa's my favourite rescue axolotl, and Achlys is my favourite youngest axolotl, so they don't get jealous of each other.

I need to go and empty the ten, take the thirty outside and clean it out, then transfer all my fish stuff to the basement's basement and put the big tank for sale online. Hopefully I can get some cash out of that. Feeding the axolotls first, though- maybe worms would cheer them up, get them swimming around again.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #1042 
Elsewhere

And some more pics from today! Yay for working cameras! This morning Crowley and Mischa discovered the top of the pantheon, so they of course hung out up there until I came back down with the camera to get a picture. I also fed them today, Crowley got her whole worm while Mischa and Achlys were SUPPOSED to get a half worm eat, Mischa ate hers quick enough, but Achlys' was still too big for him to eat. I was taking the worm out to cut again and feed him the halves, when Mischa latched onto it. If you've ever had an axolotl bite a worm, you know there's no way they're letting go until they can't fit it into their mouth. So Mischa got a whole worm, and it currently very fat. Achlys got seven pellets instead, but he ate them all, so he's doing alright, not going to starve.

I also got the 30g cleaned out today, soon I'll be doing the ten and twenty, then putting the thirty and the twenty online for sale.

Achlys:

The veins in Achlys' tail. Albinos are so fascinating.

The only picture of Crowley I could get

The worm stealing queen

Old 08-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #1043 
Elsewhere

Hey guys!!! Gishwhes and makeup camp was AMAZING! I don't have time to do anything but a quick update right now, but I promise that when I have time I'll upload axolotl pics and gishwhes pics and makeup camp pics! It was all so much fun!

Axies are doing good, but Achlys won't eat his worms. I cut them in half, give half to Mischa, and then cut that half in half and try to feed Achlys like that but he still won't eat them. He eats pellets like crazy, so he's been getting those in abundance when the girls get their worms. I think he just isn't used to them yet, since he's only had pellets and bloodworms up until now. the girls are doing well, though, eating everything in their paths and biting me like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know if I'll ever get that fourth baby. If I don't I'll likely end up keeping a few of the axie eggs (if they ever breed) and attempting to hatch and raise them before adding one in with the adults. Otherwise I might just keep the three of them. They seem pretty happy together.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #1044 
Elsewhere

Sold the 30, working on selling the 20. I... did a bad thing. I set the 10 back up. Not with fish, though! Guys, I just really REALLY like snails, okay? And these kind won't kill expensive aquatic plants. AND THEY'RE PRECIOUS! Mum doesn't know. Yet. I'm guessing she'll make me toss them back in the garden (there are two) but I'm really hoping she won't mind. I mean, they're pretty freaking cute!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #1045 
Elsewhere

Fed the lotls some raw beef/steak yesterday and my God Achlys LOVED the stuff. Little jerk hasn't been able to get the worms in his mouth, but he sure gulped down that beef. Too bad it isn't very good for them- a once in a lifetime treat, as mum had spare bits and I'd heard you could feed it to them very rarely. Hopefully I can finally get the worms to the right size, otherwise I might have to start attempting to take Achlys out of the take to make sure he's getting the right amount of pellets while the other two are eating their worms.

In the news of the secret pets, the snails are doing great. I've got a very basic set up going right now with the two of them (you can see in the signature that I've named them Alcaeus and Iphicles, as I am this thing called a "huge nerd" and I couldn't resist twin names. For those of you who don't know (and once again, we come back to "huge nerd" who loves to explain things) Alcaeus is Heracles' (Hercules (thanks Disney)) birth name, and Iphicles his mortal twin brother. They share a mother, but different fathers (way to go Zeus). I honestly can't tell these things apart, though, so my friends and I have taken to calling them "Snoot snoot" and "Snert snert" (again, nerds). They're so cute though. so. cute. I really want to keep them.

I know this journal is supposed to be for the axies at this point now that the 30's sold but just let me get the snail obsession out of the way. They're currently in the 10g with a dirt bottom and a bit of moss and grass planted in it with some yam and lettuce as food. I just dampened the moss and put some water on their shells, hopefully that'll keep them hydrated until I can buy a spray bottle tomorrow. I'm also gonna buy a nice houseplant to go in there with them, and put a decoration I bought for fish that didn't work out in with them. I'm always excited about new pets, though. I do know that no matter what my mother decides they'll be alright, though- they can always just go back in the garden if she gets REALLY mad about them.