Betta Fish Forum banner

My new fish used to be so active and swam around and eat, now.. (plus cute pix)

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 ·
He just sits on his leaf hammock and blows bubble nests all over it. He doesn't want to eat and just sits there and flares :( for 3 days!
When will this phase end!!

Also: quick question, I wanted to get a little tank mate for my betta, he is in a 5 gallon tank with a fliter and light, silk pants. If I got an apple snail what would it eat? There is no aleage, would it eat left over food? I dont want anyone to be hungry!

See less See more
#2 ·
mine loves frozen brine shrimp, lol. you can also get them the algae wafer type things, or you can just blanch some veggies for them and throw those in. I know spinach and kale are good since they have a lot of calcium which they need for their shells. I've also done zucchini and potato, and if you have live plants that are dying he'll clean those up for you too

#3 ·
my snail eats just about anything...He loves blanched collard greens..which is nice for me because I have huuuuge collard greens growing in my garden and i'm not too crazy about them.:lol::|
He also likes carrots..romaine lettuce and spinach..and algae wafers...I have even seen him eat some sinking shrimp pellets that are for my corydoras.

#4 ·
Him sitting by his bubblenest is normal. He thinks hes watching for falling eggs or something. It's a betta thing, mine did it until the bubblenest popped by itself or I did a water change which destroyed it. He's just being a goof :p If his inactivity bothers you that much, destroy the nest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.