Betta Fish Forum banner

I'm so sorry Squirt

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BettaMommy531rip 
#1 ·
I rescued you when you were a pale, grey, stripy little thing in petco. I brought you home, watched you like a hawk, and crushed your pellets up for you every day. When you finally started showing regrowth in your fins I rewarded you with a spot in the divided planted tank. There, your colors flourished into a deep, dark blue with purple fins. You'd flare and show off every time someone came to see you. This morning though, you didn't. I came up to see you guys and you were nowhere to be found. I strained my eyes to see past the plants and saw a shadow down on the bottom. I opened up the tank, lifted up the rock and saw you down under it. Your head was craned back, your gills were bruised, and there was a white mark across your body. You had gotten stuck and drowned. I'm so, so sorry Squirt. You had blossomed so much and it was cut short. I wish I could have spent more time with you. I feel so awful and I hope you forgive me.

#3 ·
I'm sorry for your loss :( It wasn't your fault. You gave him a really nice home in the time he had and attention he probably wouldn't have ever gotten if you didn't take him home.

#7 ·
No you didn't, you did all you could for him. He is watching you from under the rainbow bridge, and he still loves you and doesn't blame you for anything. I am so sorry. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.