Betta Fish Forum banner

Will my fish still be okay with Priority shipping?

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Luimeril 
#1 ·
I just won my first bid on Aquabid.com and the person I bought the fish from (6 total) will be shipping them to me next Monday, they are coming from FL to East TN.

Now, here is my question, she charged me $15 for priority with no live arrival guarantee. It would be $45 for over night with live arrival guarantee. I was trying to just go with Priority, obviously it is thirty bucks difference. I ordered some fish a few weeks ago from Cali and it was overnight shipping, cost me fifty bucks, they were healthy and happy and perfect. Stressed out, but fine now.

I have read that priority is just fine, so I figured I can go with that, they are only two states away, so now biggie. However, this is only my 2nd order that I have made where fish are being mailed to me. Has anyone had experience with priority shipping, how where your fish, where they still alive when you got them? Just some basic questions. Thanks for your time folks!

#2 ·
all of mine have come Priority so far. :V and all arrived safe and sound. :B you're in the same part of the US i am, and weather's been wonderfully warm, so they should be fine. :3 in fact, my most recent purchase, my first AB boy Todd, came priority, and he didn't even chomp his fins on the way here.

#3 ·
Excellent, I feel much better about it then. Yeah it has been absolutely
b-e-a-u-tiful lately. So much nicer than last year. Thanks for replying.

#5 ·
Awesome, so they should be here around then, I figured wed. too. because she is sending them out Mon. Sweet. Will be getting 6 blue/marble bettas, the posting said fry, however they are 8 months old, so I think they are passed the fry stage.

#6 ·
huh.... did you get them from that blue betta person? :I i forget their full name... if i had the money, i'd totally get some, but i just don't have money for them, nor space right now! lol

... looking around my room, i have five spare tanks around a gallon. BUT STILL! no, Lui! lol

#7 ·
Yes, we have no HM's, just CT's, VT's, DoubleT's, and Delta tails, so I wanted to get a nice selection of HM. Lol, I know, I could just fill my whole house with the bettas I fall in love with, both online and in the store, but you gotta have some control...uunfortunately

#8 ·
:I i heard some bad things about that person. like... one person on another forum bought from him, and all the bettas had one eye, and the fins were a mess. o.0 poor things.

i mean, i'm not into looks, so i'd still buy, but still. ;n; nipped fins are easy to heal, i just worry about the eyes, ya know? :I

>3> i dunno. 16 isn't too many. right? lol kidding. xD

#9 ·
Bluebetta has been nothing but trouble.

Priority is fine. When it comes down to it, the packing method is more important than the shipping time frame. Most people A) Don't use enough water B) Use too much water C) Don't insulate the box correctly and D) Don't place enough padding in the box. I have received most of my shipments via Priority and I've never received a DOA or had a fish die from being shipped from me.

#12 ·
Im new to the addiction. However, this is a serious addiction. Thank god they don't have gum or patched for it, I welcome the addiction. Bwuaaaaahaaaah

#13 ·
Like a newbie, I forgot to look at their(bluebetta) reviews, if I had I would not have purchased them, but now that I did, I will just wait and see. I went back after Luimeril made their last post and read the reviews, most where pretty good/okay, a few(about 8) where negative, but if I have one fish with ANY abnormalities, I will write up a review. Lesson learned- do your research one who you purchase from.

#14 ·
i just happened to see a thread on another forum just yesterday. good breeders in my opinon include our very own Mr. V(who has a few spawns growing out), and the fella i got Todd from(84elmo2001). he sometimes sells groups of bettas for pretty good prices. i wish his shipping was less, but the boxes are huge. o.0 and well packed. uumm... there's a few others, but i always go for the US sellers who have good prices(read: that are cheaper with pretty fish and good reviews. lol)...

#15 ·
Well, what a huge disappointment I got today in the mail. Out of the 6, all where females, 3 where missing an eye, ALL have fin damage from fighting I guess. Other then that, they are nice fish, all mostly white with a little blue shimmer on the scales, 1 has a nice blue marble but she is missing an eye. I am soooo disappointed with what I got, I didn't realize that just because they where on a dollar action they where on "discount" With all the reviews people have been leaving about 1 eyed fish, don't you think that is animal abuse?

#17 ·
Well, that's what I though, I mean, the mother and father where so cute, and like I said, I didn't even think to read the reviews from the person selling them. Then you and a few other told me about the 1 eye thing, and I was like, oh great, my moms gonna kill me, getting her 1 eyed fish. Then they get here and of course, 3 little 1 eyed girls. Luckily moms not really mad, she understands, but I agree if you see them being aggressive with one another, jar them.

#20 ·
Aww :( When your fish settle in some are you going to put pictures up? Just out of curiosity it would be kind of fun to put some of their pics in an album and see how they heal up in your care. (Up to you of coarse)

I've not seen or heard of a one-eyed betta.. I don't understand why someone would be selling them? Does this kind of aggression between the females happen when the grow out tank is too crowded or small?

I'm glad your fish made it to you safely, i'm sorry they were injured in the breeders care.

#21 ·
I do get a little cash from selling fish and fish supplies but it's never enough to even break even. I spend money out of my own pocket for things like bags, heat packs, and insulation to send off your bettas in the best conditions possible.

Mass production breeders shouldn't be in the hobby.

#22 ·
With so many one eyed girls, maybe even boys, maybe he uses the females to train fighters? I have heard of it, of course the more experienced people know when to take out the other fish. It is still a terrible way to train to fight.

Maybe he never jarred any and that was what happened? If he is just in for money he may not separate them to save more space.

I would leave a bad review...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.