Betta Fish Forum banner

I'm going to get a new girl today!!

898 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  teeneythebetta 
#1 ·
Today I am going to bring home a new female betta! She will be quarantined in a heated 2.5 gal for at least 2 weeks but will eventually share a divided 10 gallon with my female named Teeney.

Last week I saw a very cute little yellow female VT at the same walmart where I got Teeney... I'm hoping she is still there! If she is and still looks healthy, I think I'm going to name her Tiny. (get it?... Teeney & Tiny)

Were leaving in an hour or two... I will put up pictures as soon as I can!

#2 ·
ok. I hope she is still there. I have been meaning to tell you that teeney is very, very VERY pretty!!!!

#5 ·
Aww thank youu! :3

I got to walmart and she was still there! She is a very pale yellow, so you can slightly see her insides (its not as gross looking as it sounds) and I noticed red dots on her insides... I didnt want to risk getting a sick betta... so I didnt buy her.. The other female bettas were either half dead or had dropsy. :cry:

Although I was dissappointed that I couldn't get her, I went to petsmart. Over half of the females showed signs of dropsy :shock:
So the only healthy looking ones were 2 cambodians and this little girl! I named her Tiny. Poor thing, she was very hungry, trying to eat the scum on the bottom of her cup :shock: .. I posted in the disease & emergencies section hoping I can figure out why she has that red spot on her gill flap... I can't wait to see her colors brighten up, she is very pretty and really appreciating her temporary 2.5 heated tank!!

#7 ·
Yeah I was looking forward to taking her home, but it wasn't meant to be.

I just found out that the red spot on her gills is from ammonia burns... I'm gonna keep her water extra clean, get some stress coat and AQ salt to help her get better. I'm just glad that it's not a disease!

#9 ·
That's too bad about your little yellow girl, it's not fun to see Betta's down in the dumps. But I am glad you found one you can enjoy and get healthy again. Good Luck, she is very pretty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.