Betta Fish Forum banner

How soon is too soon?

979 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  homegrown terror 
#1 ·
TDP passed away last night and I was wondering how long I should wait until I get another one

#2 ·
Well that's a tuff one. It really depends on you. Some people take longer to grieve. There is no set time.

I recently had my betta Blue Jay pass but decided immediately to get another one. I loved my little buddy but to stare at his tank with no life in it would have depressed me more. I was more than willing to rescue another betta from my local pet store and provide a new home and a better quality of life.

My condolences on the passing of your betta.

#7 ·
I'm so sorry about your buddy!

My first girl, Delilah passed yesterday :( I cried about it, and I buried her in the garden, and then I disinfected her tank for someone else. No reason to let a perfectly nice, heated 3 gallons of water sit vacant, I guess. But when I was turning on all the fish lights this morning, I went to her tank to say Good Morning to her, and them remembered she wasn't in there :'(

#10 ·
i'd say the only real requirements would be if you can afford to buy a new one, and determining the cause of the old one's death. a lot of stuff is highly contagious, and if you put a new betta in a tank that just recently killed another one, you could end up passing it along to the next guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.